Whistleblowing is when an employee or stakeholder reports irregularities or problems that are or at some point in the future may cause serious harm to the company and / or its stakeholders’ interests.
In Sweden, we have a law that protects whistleblowers who report: Law 2021:890 on special protection against reprisals for whistleblowers who sound the alarm about possible serious misconduct.
The irregularities or problems that can be reported via the company’s whistleblowing routine are:
- Violation of the company’s code of conduct
- Danger to human life and health
- Violations of laws and regulations
- Attempts to cover any of the above
The company will ensure that:
- People who report irregularities or violations have their identity protected throughout the process and thereafter.
- All disclosures are handled in a fair and correct manner.
If an employee has reasonable grounds to suspect irregularities or violations in the company’s business operations or management and if it is not possible to report the situation to the closest manager or if a report is ignored, the company’s whistleblowing routine can be used.
Whistleblowing can be done at the address: [email protected] or anonymously via web form which is located at https://ropa.se/whistleblower-a3p-biomedical/. The company’s contact person receives the report. The company’s contact person is the chairman of the board.
What happens next
- Contact person informs the board and/or CEO that a matter has been reported
- Contact person submits documentation to the board for assessment if further investigation is required.
- If the board deems that further investigation is required, the board instructs the CEO or external advisor to make a further investigation and prepare a report which (if this is not inappropriate) is submitted to the relevant manager for a statement.
- The report with (if this is not inappropriate) the manager’s statement is forwarded to the company
- The whistleblower receives information about the case to the extent that he or she requests it and which is deemed appropriate.
- The company’s whistleblowing policy applies throughout the Group and is updated once a year.
The company’s management is responsible to ensure that all employees and workers are aware of the whistleblowing policy. Employees and workers are responsible to follow the whistleblowing policy.